NEW 105 PHONE NUMBER
On 6th September a new national phone number “105” will be launched by electricity network operators for customers to call should they need to report or get information about a power cut in their area. This a nationwide service that may well be of benefit to everyone.
Key points to note about this service are:
· Dialling 105 will put customers through to their local electricity network operator – the company that manages the cables, power lines and substations that deliver electricity into homes and businesses in their area.
· 105 is just one of the ways that customers can contact their electricity network operator. Customers can also contact them by phone or via their website, and most network operators are on social media too.
· 105 is a free service for people in England, Scotland and Wales.
· Customers can call 105 no matter who they choose to buy electricity from.
· Customers can also call 105 if they spot damage to electricity power lines and substations that could put anyone in danger. If there’s a serious immediate risk, they should call the emergency services too.
A consumer awareness campaign will run from September through to next spring and will include PR, media advertising, social media and coordinated messaging through partner channels.
Details can be downloaded from the link below: