The Parish Council has been made aware of the following Planning Consultation:
Planning Enforcement Policy Proposal for Consultation
About the Proposed Policy
The integrity of the planning system and the public’s confidence in it relies on effective enforcement action being taken by Local Planning Authorities where necessary.
Enforcement action is at the discretion of the Local Planning Authority and not all breaches of planning control will result in formal enforcement action being taken as is outlined in the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF).
The purpose of publishing a Planning Enforcement policy is to explain the Council’s approach when dealing with planning enforcement matters to provide clarification and manage customer expectations in terms of likely outcomes and timescales.
The pledges included in the policy will be monitored and reported upon monthly to ensure service standards are maintained.
Prior to submitting the policy for formal adoption by committee we are publicising the draft for a 6 week consultation.
The policy is being made available via Telford & Wrekin’s website; Planning enforcement policy consultation, and paper copies will available for inspection at the following locations:
· First Point Telford, Southwater Square, Telford. TF3 4JG (Weekdays 8.30am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.00am to 1.00pm)
· Business & Planning First Point, Wellington Civic Offices. Telford, TF2 2FH (Weekdays 8.30am to 5.15pm)
· All Telford & Wrekin libraries located in Dawley, Hadley, Oakengates, Stirchely, Donnington, Madeley, Newport, Southwater and Wellington.
Any comments can be made:
· By email to Planning.firstname.lastname@example.org, titled Policy Comments.
· By post to Development Management, Telford & Wrekin Council, PO Box 457, Telford, TF2 2FH
The deadline for comments is Friday 3rd July 2015
Customer Services Business Manager
Development, Business & Employment
Telford & Wrekin Council
PO BOX 457
1st Floor, Wellington Civic Offices